A Classic Brain Wiring Problem: Neural Superposition
published in Cell, July 2, 2015 Review on Neural Superposition
- October 2016: Move of the Division of Neurobiology with the labs Hassan, Hiesinger and Wernet to our new building: Königin-Luise-Str. 1-3
- March 2016: Mathias Wernet sets up his Laboratory in the Division of Neurobiology at the Free University Berlin
- January 2016: Bassem Hassan starts his Einstein Fellowship in the Division of Neurobiology at the Free University Berlin
Recent Publication Highlights
- Koldkin, A.L. and Hiesinger, P.R. (2017) Wiring visual systems: common and divergent mechanisms and principles. Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 42:128-135
- Hiesinger, P.R. and Hassan, B.A. (2016) The Tightrope of Mentorship Cell Leading Edge: Voices, 164:1093
- Ozel, M.N., Langen, M., Hassan, B.A. and Hiesinger, P.R. (2015) Filopodial Dynamics and Growth Cone Stabilization in Drosophila Visual Circuit Development. eLife, e10721
Upcoming Presentations from the Lab
- March 22, 2017: 12th German Neuroscience Society Meeting in Göttingen, Symposium on 'Neuronal Circuit Wiring in Development', 2:40pm, Robin Hiesinger: 'Simple Rules in Brain Wiring, A Fly Perspective'
- March 29, 2017: 58th Drosophila Research Conference, San Diego, USA, Plenary Talk, 9:35am Robin Hiesinger: 'Simple Rules in Neural Circuit Assembly'
- March 31, 2017: 58th Drosophila Research Conference, San Diego, USA, Session 'Neuronal Development', 5:30pm, Egemen Agi: 'Targeting without a target: How postsynaptic neurons guide photoreceptors in the Drosophila visual map formation'
Freie Universitaet Berlin - Takustr. 6 - 14195 Berlin, Germany